Zonta Club of Olympia members hold fundraising projects throughout the year to raise funds for grants to local nonprofit organizations whose programs improve women’s legal rights, health, education, economic status, enhance women’s self-esteem, and end violence against women. Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been raised and distributed since the club was chartered in 1928.
2015-2017 Funding for the following local nonprofit organizations:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Thurston County-SMART Girls Program
- Child Care Action Council-Margie’s Crisis Nursery
- Community Action Council-Monarch Children’s Justice and Advocacy
- Enterprise for Equity-Reach Your Dreams
- Family Education and Support Services-Violence on Children-A Training for Women
- SafePlace-Crisis Intervention and Advocacy Program
- Senior Services for South Sound-Responding to Grief Workshops
- South Sound Parent to Parent-Positive Discipline Parent Education Series
- The Family Support Center of South Sound- Thurston County Family Justice Center
- TOGETHER!-Thurston Coalition for Women’s Health
- WA Engage-Cultural Grooming Forum
- YWCA of Olympia-Girls Without Limits!